Friday, August 19, 2011

School Daze

     Well, today was my first day of school! It went so well! I got up great this morning. I was so excited! I went to iron my clothes and everything was moving great....UNTIL..... I head in to the bathroom and plug in my straightener. To my dismay, I discovered that my straightener would not turn on. Yes, it's true! My straightener worked yesterday, but on my first day of school it broke!! I was determined that this incident would not get me down!! I got to school a little early just to make sure everything was ready and some of my students arrived like 5 minutes later!! 
     I was a little nervous about meeting the student's parents. Considering this is only my 2nd year teaching, I was expecting to be grilled by them; however all of the parents were so nice and welcoming to me! I was so thankful for that support so early on in the year.
     I have never seen a class so excited to be at school! They all came in with huge smiles and were so excited to get started!  One student said that, "Today was the best day ever!"  Today was only a half day so we were not able to have a full lesson in all of our subjects. As the students were packing up, I told them that we would have Math on Monday. I then heard cheering! 
     When one of my boys got in his car, he looked at his mom and said, "Mom, I LOVE 3rd Grade!" What a great start to the year They worked so hard and did a great job! Hoping that they are this enthusiastic a month from now! Monday will be our first full day! 
     I learned a few days ago, that I will be teaching two classes in 4th Grade this year. I will finish teaching my 3rd grade class in the afternoon, and will have a teachers aid to come in for an hour or so while they work on seatwork. I am excited about this extra opportunity to teach more students. I will teach them spelling, science, (1st semester), and history (2nd semester). I will definitely be busy, but I am so excited for this opportunity!
     As the school year goes on, I know that there will be great days in the classroom and some, well, not so good days; however, I am so blessed that today was a great day! The Lord has been so good to me. I am so thankful to be a teacher! As the school "daze" go on, I know that I will have so many sweet and absolutely hilarious stories to share!
Psalm 18:30- "As for God, His way is perfect..."



No comments:

Post a Comment